
I love going to the movies. I love the magic of getting lost in a story for two or three hours. I love leaving wondering what happened to my favorite characters. My parents, however, do not love the movies. Getting them to go to the movies is like a lunar eclipse. It doesn’t happen very often, but when it does, it is a wonderful thing to behold.
I recently had the great pleasure of “third-wheeling” to a viewing of Unstoppable. This movie was only picked after my dad’s plea to finally choose a movie he would enjoy. So, after stomping his feet at my suggestions (Harry Potter, Harry Potter, Harry Potter) we finally decided to give-in to the demand.
My mom was very excited to spend 2 ½ hours starring at Denzel Washington. I was not as excited, considering that she had just informed me that his teethe are fake. FAKE! She ruined Denzel for me (as I’m guessing she has for a majority of you).
The movie is fantastic and is thrill. However, I got more of a kick out of watching my mom rather than the movie.
About 30 minutes in, I looked over and found her picking her arm.
Me: Mom, stop picking your arm.
Mom: What?
Me: You’re picking your arm like a monkey. Stop it.
Mom: I can’t help it. I’m so nervous.
About 15 minutes later she started screaming out, “Oh my god. Oh my god. Stop it. Stop it.”
About 15 minutes later I looked over to see her holding on to my dad’s arm and her feet curled up on the chair.
About 15 minutes after that she started taking her hands and waving them at the screen. Like Denzel and the VERY handsome Chris Pine were waiting for her hand signal and would turn the train around.
You would have thought we were sitting there watching Jaws. It made my night…maybe my week. It just proves that going to the movies is an experience and sometimes the great stories are happening right beside you and not on the big screen.
No comments:
Post a Comment